Services On Offer
Abhijit offers his services through the company that he has set-up: Giltedge Financial Counsel Pvt. Ltd. We would be delighted to add value in any of the following ways:
It would be our delight to assist senior management of medium sized companies and co-operative banks in a variety of ways:
Support in new business initiatives, financial modeling & feasibility
Policy & risk management framework
Information memorandum for placement of shares, stake sale, fund raising
Review of management information systems & improvement
Support in strategic decisions & review of cost structure
Pre-IPO organizational review & help in implementing governance structure
People development initiatives
Knowledge management & learning initiatives
Abhijit’s experiential background is provided below.
Learning initiatives & financial education
It is our delight and passion to help companies in their learning interventions, particularly in the area of finance. We can help you achieve your organizational objectives through customized finance courses and support you in your e-learning initiatives including formats such as videos, games, quizzes etc.:
a. Basic courses in finance, accounting & costs
b. Advanced courses in finance, accounting & costs
c. Strategic finance for senior business managers
Abhijit’s executive education experience is detailed below.
Representation services in India
We would be happy to represent/ assist overseas firms desirous of making an entry in the Indian market.
The experiential background detailed below includes assignments carried out in the capacity of an employee as well as in the capacity of a consultant. Some consulting assignments have been carried out on behalf of Lovelock & Lewes (then part of Coopers & Lybrand) and Strategic Management Centre Pvt. Ltd., Pune. Some of the consulting assignments are carried out on behalf of Giltedge Financial Counsel Pvt. Ltd., the company Abhijit has set-up.New business initiatives
- Conceptualization & documentation of a ‘make or outsource’ decision analysis framework for a chemical company in respect of certain specialty chemicals (1996)
- Financial modeling & consulting services in examining the feasibility of potential retail financial services foray by two Indian industrial groups (1995 & 1997)
- Processed the application for a Foreign Institutional Investor (FII) license on behalf of a global investment bank for facilitating their investments in equity markets in India (2000)
- Provided consulting support to a leading co-operative bank in setting up their International Banking Division using the Authorized Dealer License issued by the RBI. (2010)
- Evaluation of financial feasibility of take-over of an East German chemical unit on behalf of a leading chemical company (1993)
- Provided leadership to due diligence exercises carried out on a few Indian companies for substantial acquisition of their shares by overseas companies (1993 to 1996).
- Was responsible of providing the entire logistical (accounting, HR, legal, compliance, building facilities, information technology) support for the integration of local businesses on merger of two global investment banks (1998)
- Strategized & implemented migration from manually kept records of a leasing & hire purchase company, to a LAN based real-time solution which successfully transformed, within 9 months, manually kept records of over 5,000 retail & corporate leasing & hire purchase customers as well as depositors and fully integrated them with accounting records (1991)
- Conceptualized & documented specifications for a customized costing & accounting solution integrated with its inventory function for a multi-stage bulk drug manufacturer. Assisted the company in implementation of the solution. (1993)
- Led a team in documenting the operating manuals for an international trading company belonging to a large Indian conglomerate, customized to the needs of 6 different businesses such as agri-commodities, steel, garments, fertilizers, chemicals & pharmaceuticals and LPG, and identified areas of improvement providing suggestions for interfaces with a proposed integrated solution, to improve operational risk management (1994)
- Led a team in documenting the operating manuals for investor services for all companies belonging to a large Indian conglomerate and identified areas of improvement (1995)
- Conceptualized and documented input-process-output specifications for a treasury management oriented software as an enhancement to the MFG PRO platform on behalf of a technology consulting company (1996)
- Documented the operating process for ‘Cash Management Product’ offered by a leading multinational bank in India to its corporate customers including interfaces with their core solution and identified opportunities for improvement (1996)
- Reviewed the operating procedures of a fixed income and equity securities firm, documented the operating manuals and identified areas of improvement in their risk management framework and processes (1997)
- Was responsible for accounting and corporate secretarial functions of a non-banking finance company (1989 to 1991)
- Was responsible for all business support functions such as financial control, accounting, human resources, operations, compliance, legal, liaison with regulators, premises & administration and information technology for the Indian securities operations of two leading global investment banks (1997 to 2001)
Risk reviews & management
- Led a team for carrying out risk analysis of deals in government securities, with reference to documentation, carried out by a leading multinational bank and provided support in dispute arbitration (1992 to 1994)
- Quality assurance of the internal audit / management review reports for a couple of leading Indian companies (94 to 96).
- As the Chairman of the Audit Committee of a leading co-operative bank, brought risk assessment to the core of audit function & processes (2002 to 2004)
- Documented a comprehensive risk management framework, in the context of Saudi Arabian laws, as a part of the documentation required for seeking licenses for a securities firm and an asset management company, on behalf of a Dubai based consulting firm (2006)
- Assisted an Indian subsidiary of a German chemical company to formalize its credit policy (1996)
- Assisted an Indian subsidiary of an American major specializing in filtration, separation and purification of fluids, to formulate a purchase policy (2009).
- Assisted an Indian subsidiary of a Swiss pharma major in documenting its foreign exchange risk management policy (1996)
- Was responsible for divisional accounting & product costing of consumer products and pharmaceutical divisions of the Indian subsidiary of a global healthcare company. Other responsibilities included coordination of budgeting process, data support for pricing & new product decisions (1985 to 1987)
- Was responsible for reporting of financial data of Indian subsidiary of a global healthcare major (1988).
- Acted as a subject matter expert for the e-learning initiative rolled out by one of the largest Indian groups; the initiative involved financial concepts, quizzes and games. It was rolled out to all their employees worldwide. (2011)
- Provided this service selectively for our consulting clients (1992 - 1993)
Abhijit began teaching, in 1985, for post-graduate courses when he was just 22. Teaching has been his passion since then. He began teaching the DBM & DMS courses and then taught the students of CWA, CFA & MBA programs. Since 2001, he has been associated as a visiting faculty with IIT Bombay’s SJ Mehta School of Management. Since 2009, he offers an elective on ‘strategic financial management.’
Abhijit has participated in over 250 executive education engagements some of which have been delivered on behalf of Dun & Bradstreet, CRISIL and Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay. The others are on behalf of Giltedge Financial Counsel Pvt. Ltd., the company he has set-up:
On behalf of Giltedge Financial Counsel Pvt. Ltd. :
- AJ Shah & Co. (Chartered Accountants),
- Amarchand Mangaldas (Law firm),
- BK Khare & Co. (Chartered Accountants),
- Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- CITIBANK (under the leadership of M. M. Chitale & Co., Chartered Accountants)
- Club Mahindra Holidays
- Monsanto-DMCC Enviro Tech & Engineering Ltd.
- Fulford India Ltd.
- Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd.,
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- Indian Institute of Materials Management
- Indophil Chemicals Company
- Ion Exchange India Ltd.
- Kesari Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd.
- Pall India Pvt. Ltd.
- Peninsula Land Ltd.
- Petron Civil Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Petron Engineering Construction Ltd.
- Sekhsaria Chemicals (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Siemens Information Systems India Ltd.
- The Shamrao Vithal Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Trent Ltd.
- Smith & Nephew (India) Ltd.
- Welspun India Ltd.
On behalf of Dun & Bradstreet, India
- Developed the course material for their course on ‘Risk Management’
- Pioneered Dun & Bradstreet’s Fundamentals of Finance program in 2005 which included the development of course material and delivery.
- Participated in 20 public programs in cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune
- Bangalore Development Authority
- DCM Shriram Consolidated Ltd.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- EMCO Ltd.
- Hotels division of ITC Ltd.
- IVRCL Infrastructure & Projects Ltd.
- Kirloskar Brothers Ltd.
- Microsoft India Ltd.
- SRF Ltd.
- Vodafone Essar Gujarat Ltd.
On behalf of CRISIL Ltd.
- Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
- Dombivali Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Owens Corning India Ltd.
On behalf of Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- Marico Industries Ltd.
- Sterlite Group companies
- Tata Power Ltd.