B. Com., First in M.L. Dahanukar College of Commerce & 9th rank in the University of Mumbai
AICWA, Cost and Works Accountancy Program, 2nd All-India rank in the final exam.
ACA, Chartered Accountancy Program, 11th All-India rank in the final exam and in 1982, 18th All-India rank in the Inter exam.
ACS, Company Secretary, 1st All-India rank in the final exam (old syllabus) and in 1985, 1st All-India rank in the intermediate exam.
CFA (India), Chartered Financial Analyst, high all-India ranks (in the first 10) at all levels of the examination
CFA (USA) - Passed Level II under an arrangement between ICFA, USA and ICFA India. I was the only one to pass from India under that arrangement. Could not pursue Level III since the arrangement was cancelled.
Completed a PhD program with Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay and the subject of my research was ‘Factors influencing Investments into Indian States’.
- Served on the Academic Council and Board of Governors of The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India for a period of 3 years each. Have also contributed as a paper setter for the subject of ‘Management Accounting’.
- Was associated with the Bombay Management Association as the Chairman of its Thane Center for two years and also served as the Chairman of the Editorial Committee for its e-journal.
- Has participated in career guidance programs and also conducted several programs titled ‘Study & Excel’ for the benefit of students of professional courses in accounting & finance discipline.
- Was designated as a ‘Quality Award Winner’ in the batch of about 20 employees trained in ‘Quality Education System’ at Johnson & Johnson.
- Was a honorary member of the Executive Committee of ‘Swadeshi Mela, Mumbai’, an event held in Mumbai to showcase the achievements of Indian industry. Was given prime responsibility to conceive, organize & deliver half-day seminars on 6 important themes, held in association with Indian Merchants’ Chamber. All seminars were highly successful, with participation of many CEOs/ MDs as speakers.
- Abhijit’s doctoral thesis has been published by VDM as a monograph and is available on sale on www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.morebooks.de. Abhijit also made a substantial contribution to the book titled ‘Financial Risk Management’ published by Dun & Bradstreet and Tata McGraw-Hill under ‘Finance Essentials Series’ which was released in early 2007.
- Won 9th Episode of the ‘Mastering Management Competition’ run by Business Standard in 1997 in association with Lufthansa which won him a free trip to London
- Has participated in several career guidance programs on television channels.
- An avid cricketer. Bowls orthodox left arm spin on the leather ball and medium pace on tennis ball!
- Has pursued self-development interests such as a course in voice culture and a two-month long intensive acting workshop with Ashok Kumar’s Academy of Dramatic Arts conducted by Preeti Gangoly.
- Two poems published on Poetry.com, one of them was recipient of Editor’s Choice Award. Regularly write articles and poems in Marathi as well.
- Deeply interested in spirituality and look at it as a great tool for personal transformation. Voluntarily co-ordinated two 7-day Mumbai visits of Jeffrey Armstrong, an international speaker & Vedic scholar. Several talks were held in the city to make people aware about the Vedic heritage. Do visit his website: www.jeffreyarmstrong.com . Helped Jeffrey by reviewing his now best-selling book ‘Spiritual Teachings of the Avatar’ released in 2010.